Are you a Galaxy S2 user ? Do you wish to install any Custom OS on you device ? Or do you wish to Uninstall the system Apps on your device ? Do you want to have the root access for your device ? you are at the right place. This tutorial teaches you How to Root And Install CWM on Galaxy S2(SII) GT-I9100 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. You can do any thing with your device if you have the root access on your device.
The Android Developer Community had released many latest ROM’s. There is no point in thinking about upgrading your OS to the latest ROM’s on the internet without having a root access. See How to Install Install Resurrection Remix 5.1.1 ROM on Galaxy S2 GT I9100
The root access is not only the access to install any Custom ROM’s on your device. The root access gives you full access to the device hardware as well as the software. With the root access you can make changes on your device that are not recommended the Smartphone manufactures and make your device work according to your needs and requirements.
Note : This root process will void you device warranty. Do this Rooting at your own risk. techusall.com/ wont be responsible for any kind of issues that happens at the time of rooting.
- A windows PC Samsung USB drivers installed. If you haven’t yet installed these drivers on your PC, make sure you have it before you continue with the tutorial. You can get the link in the Download Section.
- Your device must have enough juice in its battery to complete the process with out any interruption. Your device might get hard-bricked if your device behaves unexpectedly at the time of flashing.
A Galaxy S2 device that runs on the Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean OS.
- Samsung USB drivers – DOWNLOAD
- Odin – DOWNLOAD
- jeboo_kernel_i9100_v1-2a (tar) – DOWNLOAD
- UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25 (zip) – DOWNLOAD
Steps to flash the Recovery :
- Download the files to the PC. Extract only the Odin file. Leave the ‘jeboo_kernel_i9100_v1-2a.tar‘ and ‘UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip‘ as it is.
- Copy the ‘UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip‘ file to the external storage of the device (only this file).
- Switch of the device and boot it into the download mode. To boot into the Download Mode , First turn off the device . Then Press and hold the Volume Down + Home button along with the Power button at the same time. Hold the keys until the device boots into the Download Mode.When the device boots up, you should press the volume up key to continue into the flashing mode.
- Open the ‘odin.exe‘ from the previous extracted zip file (step 1). If the device is connected successfully, the ‘Added‘ message will be displayed in the message box section inside the Odin window.
- Inside the Odin you will notice a ‘PDA‘ button and a checkbox to the left of it. Check the box, click on the PDA button and choose the ‘jeboo_kernel_i9100_v1-2a.tar‘.
If the file is successfully opened by the Odin, You can proceed the installation by clicking on the ‘Start‘ Button.
When the flashing finishes, the device restarts. This is just the CWM recovery installation. Your device is still not rooted. You have to install the ‘UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip‘ file from the Recovery that you have installed just now.
Steps to flash the SuperSU :
- To get inside the recovery, turn off the device, press and hold the Volume Up Button + Home button + Power buttons all at once. Hold the keys until the device boots into the CWM Recovery.
- Select ‘install Zip from external Storage‘ and choose the ‘UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip‘ file that you earlier copied into the external storage. This flashes a SuperSu App on your device which makes the root complete.
- Reboot the device. You will see the SuperSU app installed on you device once it boots up. You can also make sure the rooting process is success full with the Root checker app.
If you have any doubts feel free to comment it. 🙂
Also See :